The chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of skin of face, neck and hands. The procedure involves applying chemical solution on the skin that peels off the upper damaged layer of skin revealing new clear, healthy, smoother and less wrinkled skin. Chemical peels have various types based on the strengths of chemicals. These types include: superficial peels, medium peels, deep peels.
The results of the treatment vary depending on the strength of chemicals used. The results of mild and medium peels are subtle at first but increase with multiple treatments. However, deep peels give dramatic results. The outcomes are very effective but are not permanent. No guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
This procedure is usually used to improve the appearance of skin of face, neck and hands but can be used on other areas of the body as well. You may be an ideal candidate for chemical peeling if:
- You have wrinkles on your skin caused by aging or sun damage.
- You want to eliminate fine lines under your eyes and around your mouth.
- You want to improve the appearance of mild scars.
- You want to treat mild acne.
- You want to reduce the appearance of dark patches, age spots and freckles on the skin.
- You want to improve the overall tone and texture of skin.
- You are not pregnant.
- You are not experiencing any serious skin condition such as rosacea, eczema and dermatitis.